Library Specialist I, Cataloging
- Performs subject cataloging of Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, using LCSH, LC classification, and Qaimat Rus al-Mawduat al-Araabiyah.
- Performs descriptive cataloging of Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, according to AACR2, MARC21 standards, RDA rules
- Keeps up-to-date with latest developments on international standards of Bibliographic Control and metadata protocols.
- Establishes local cataloging policies to meet local requirements, which are not fully covered by international standards
- Recommends, continually reviews, and implements cataloging policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and conducts trainings on bibliographic control standards and local policies
- Participates in planning, monitoring, and reviewing the works of library assistants and other staff of the department.
- Interprets the departments’ policies and procedures, and suggests areas for development and improvement
- Establishes authority records and oversees the accuracy and development of Authority Control of the bibliographic database maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor (create lists, collection statistics …etc.)
- Degree in Library science
- Sound knowledge of RDA, AACR2 and MARC21
- Sound knowledge of the use of (LCSH), and Qaimat Rus al-Mawduat al-Araabiyah, LC classification.
- Ability to catalogue efficiently and accurately.
- Experience to catalog and classify Arabic and foreign materials on all subjects and formats, according to AACR2, MARC21 standards, RDA rules, LC classification, LCSH and QRMA
- Experience to use Library Systems/Platforms, Preferred OCLC
- Knowledge to create and modify authority records (name & subject) according to international standard
- At least 5 years recent experience in cataloging and classification of all materials.
- Experience using an integrated library system.
- Reading knowledge of Arabic and English.
- Good oral and written communication skills ·
- Good general IT skills (MSWord, email, internet, …etc.)
Division Libraries Deanship
Department Technical Service&Scholary Com.Unit
Job Close Date 31-12-2020
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED