Lecturer in Finance and/or Accounting
King's Business School is the ninth and newest faculty at King's College London, emerging out of the renowned School of Management & Business. We are looking to recruit an outstanding candidate, with an interest in Finance and/or Accounting to join the Accounting & Financial Management Group. There are presently 140 academic staff and a full range of undergraduate, masters and PhD programmes.
As such we are going through an exciting development phase and are looking for high quality people to join our growing team. The School places a premium on international levels of scholarship and research excellence, and you will be expected to play a role in the standing and development of the Group in this regard.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to high quality research and will be able to contribute excellent teaching to the development of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. You should hold a PhD in a relevant field, have a high-quality track record of publications in leading refereed journals and in securing research income.
This is a full-time indefinite post.
- To take a role in the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- To undertake high-quality research in the subject area, to publish the findings in highly-rated internationally recognised journals and to participate in the major internationally recognised academic networks.
- To carry out administration as requested by the Executive Dean.
- Sustain high-quality research activity through a portfolio of individual and/or joint research projects and to secure the funding required for this research as required.
- Supervise postgraduate research students and/or research staff.
- Attend meetings and conferences to present research findings and thereby enhance the national and international standing of the School.
- Take responsibility for the planning, organisation and delivery of both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching activities within the School.
- Develop and use a variety of methods to assess student learning and provide feedback that is timely, relevant and appropriate.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- PhD in relevant subject area
- Appropriate list of relevant publications
- Some experience of developing research projects on collaborative funding bids
- Some experience of teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
- Some evidence of good research skills
- Significant evidence of research experience
- Some experience of carrying out academic administration
- Temperament suitable to teaching and research
- Experience of being a team player
- Desire to promote the subject at all levels
- Willingness to contribute to the pastoral case of students
- Some experience of being innovative in teaching and curriculum design
- Engagement in professional organisations (conference papers, workshops, memberships)
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in the Faculty and university
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.
This advertisement does meet the requirements for a Certificate of Sponsorship under Home Office regulations and therefore the university will be able to offer sponsorship for this role.